Property Operations Manager
Whanganui has everything you need for a great lifestyle. It represents the best of New Zealand with great schools, amazing built heritage, funky cafes and centrally located in the North Island.
Are you looking for a leadership challenge?
Whanganui District Council's Property Group is looking for an accomplished Operations Manager who will provide operational leadership of the Property Management, Facilities Management and Parks Management teams.
Reporting through to the General Manager Property, the Property Operations Manager has 5 direct reporting lines and a wider team of 25 professionals within the 3 teams.
The Council Property portfolio consists of:
- 284 Pensioner flats
- 700 property parcels/license
- 72 investment properties
- 197 Parks
- 6,500 Street trees and over 12,000 other trees
- Portfolio value of $154 million
As the Property Operations Manager you will have excellent organisation and communication skills, be strong at problem solving, able to juggle multiple projects and support the operational delivery and strategic management of the portfolio.
You need to have extensive experience managing a team and the ability and experience to provide mentorship and encourage professional growth amongst your staff.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A relevant Tertiary qualification
- Strong interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Outstanding leadership, relationship building and strategic decision making skills
- The ability to work autonomously, use initiative and meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to changing work environments and workloads
- Strong mentorship skills
Local Government experience would be an advantage.
Enquiries about this position can be directed to Leighton Toy, General Manager Property on (06) 349 3166.
Please do not send applications to this person, only online applications will be accepted for this role.
Applications close on 18 August 2019.