Senior Facilities Manager
Whanganui has everything you need for a great lifestyle. It represents the best of New Zealand with great schools, amazing built heritage, funky cafes and centrally located in the North Island.
Are you looking to make a difference?
We are on the lookout for an experienced Senior Facilities Manager to oversee our Facilities Management Team. Working with the Property Operations Manager and alongside a Senior Property Manager, Parks Manager and Property Analyst, you will be responsible for building life cycle maintenance, renewal planning and compliance of the Property portfolio.
The property portfolio consists of 284 pensioner units, 72 investment properties, 700 property parcels, 197 parks and a portfolio value of $154M.
We need someone who is forward thinking and has sound facilities management industry knowledge and experience. Critical tasks of the role include Health and Safety compliance, team management, contractor management, procurement and contracts management / administration. Being able to multi-task and prioritise requests is an essential skill.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A Relevant qualification and / or experience
- Strong communication and relationship management skills
- The ability to work autonomously, use initiative and meet deadlines
- Strong problem solving skills and the ability to changing work environments and workloads
- Sound knowledge of Health & Safety legislation & Building Act
- Experience in Team management
- Broad knowledge of the Trades industry
Local Government experience would be an advantage.
Enquiries about this position can be directed to Leighton Toy, General Manager Property on (06) 349 3166.
Please do not send applications to this person, only online applications will be accepted for this role.
Applications close on 21 August 2019.