Connected Community Advisor
- Are you driven by innovation and improvement opportunities?
- Can you build relationships and deliver on strategic outcomes?
- Do you know how to support digital provision within a framework of community wellbeing?
We are looking for a dynamic, community-focused professional with these mix of skills to join our team and drive implementation of the district's Digital Strategy. You will need to be someone who can connect digital delivery to broader community development requirements and liaise with a wide variety of stakeholders. As a result, this position includes a strong focus on equitable access, innovation and relationship-building. This means that you will need to use your digital know-how to prepare our district for the future and support everyone to participate online.
To be successful in this role you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to see projects through to completion. It would suit someone who is a digital whizz but who also has demonstrated success in a community-focused position - aligning technology with ‘smart' approaches.
This is a fast-paced environment with plenty of opportunities to make your mark and achieve excellent outcomes for the community.
In addition to the above, you will be able to:
- Deliver work within specified timeframes according to project management principles;
- Show initiative and bring innovative ideas to the table;
- Maintain excellent attention to detail;
- Manage competing demands;
- Communicate clearly and confidently; and
- Demonstrate cultural competency and a good understanding of the principles of Te Tiriti o Waitangi.
Now is the perfect time to consider a change in roles or cities - Whanganui is growing, has a vibrant creative community and a strong sense of where it is heading. You will have a role to play in this exciting shift while reaping the benefits of a district that is full of personality and potential. This includes a beautiful coast, outstanding schools, easy accessibility to Wellington and Auckland, all the facilities you need, and a rich arts and cultural scene (including live music and great places to eat!).
If you have a knack for smart principles and digital innovation and want to make a real difference in our community, apply now!
Enquires about this role can be made to Lauren Tamehana, Community Wellbeing Manager on 06 34 93104 (Please do not send applications to this person, online applications only will be accepted for this role).
If this role appeals to you, head over to our careers website for the job description and how to apply.
Applications close: 30 October 2020
Interviews will likely be held during the week of 9 November 2020.