Policy and Risk Support Officer
- Do you excel with research and communication?
- Have a knack for working with people?
- Like the idea of working in the policy development and risk management space?
- Possess amazing attention to detail and love developing excellent processes?
We are looking for an enthusiastic person with this mix of skills to support the work of Council's Community, Policy and Research Team and its Risk Team.
You will be working across two integral and dynamic Council departments to deliver quality support services and research contributions. This role may suit a recent graduate looking to get a career start in local government, someone with demonstrated support skills who is interested in expanding into new fields or an existing administrative professional with a passion for policy and risk management.
This is an exciting role with plenty going on and lots of opportunity to make your mark. You will primarily be responsible for supporting the work of the Policy and Governance Manager and Risk Manager.
This will include tasks such as:
- Helping with the development of policy and strategy work - including peer reviewing documents and managing the hearing and submission process.
- Meeting preparation, recording and reporting - including minute taking for advisory groups, working parties and other meetings as required.
- Undertaking research and assisting with community engagement requirements.
- Keeping monitoring repositories, internal software tools and other policy and risk processes accurate and up to date.
- Maintaining administrative functions within the wider legal compliance and risk management framework.
- Providing general administrative support across these teams.
In order to succeed in this role you will need to be someone who can write well, maintain confidentiality, work independently and think methodically. You will also need to have a commitment to continuous improvement and innovation in line with our Leading Edge aspirations.
Enquires about this role can be made to Stephanie Macdonald-Rose, Policy and Governance Manager on 06 349 3215. (Please do not send applications to this person)
Applications close on 24 February 2020
Interviews will be held week of 9 March 2020