Team Leader Planning
Whanganui is experiencing unprecedented growth and to support the ongoing planning of this thriving community, we require a Planning Team Leader.
Reporting to the Planning Manager, this position plays a key leadership role within the organisation, leading a results-focused resource consenting team of three planners, planning administrator and planning intern.
In addition to overseeing, supporting and mentoring the consenting team, the role leads on the processing of major development schemes, actively shaping the future look and feel of the city.
The successful applicant will be responsible for:
- Effective leadership with a positive impact on culture, change and service performance
- An engaged and productive team created through a focus on performance and team development
- Delivering a planning service focused on strong customer experience
- Ensuring resource management processes are determined in accordance with the relevant legislative and policy framework, with a focus on quality and rigorous evidenced-based decision-making
- An industry-leading effective and efficient service, delivered through a continuous improvement culture, effective business processes and creative thinking and innovation.
- The proactive management and resolution of resource management enforcement matters.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Qualification to degree level in a planning-related discipline and be eligible for membership of the New Zealand Planning Institute
- Experience in working in a senior role as a regulatory planner, and demonstrated leadership experience and communication skills with the ability to motivate staff
- Detailed knowledge of the Resource Management Act and related legislation, and highly developed skills in communication and negotiation of planning matters
- A strong focus on customer experience, achieving a team culture of strong customer experience and continuous improvement in service delivery
- Experience and skills in developing and documenting continuous improvement systems and processes in the context of service delivery of a planning unit
Whanganui District Council salary packages are more competitive than ever before. Combine this with living in one of New Zealand's most affordable cities, you'll secure an unrivalled lifestyle.
If you are keen to advance your planning career by taking on a senior planning leadership role then you need to contact Hamish Lampp, Planning Manager for a chat - give him a call on 06 349 3022 or email@example.com (Please do not send applications to this person).