Compliance Officer - Alcohol Licensing/General Compliance
Whanganui District Council is currently seeking applications for a Compliance Officer - Alcohol Licensing / General Compliance to join our Regulatory Compliance team.
Duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Undertake the role of an Alcohol Licensing Inspector assessing, investigating and reporting on alcohol licensing and manager certificate applications
- Conducting inspections of alcohol licensed premises to ensure compliance including controlled purchase operations and night monitoring
- Conducting private, pool and drinking water sampling on a rostered basis to ensure compliance with relevant standards
- Responding to and investigating customer requests concerning statutory nuisance, including breaches of Council bylaws
- Assessing and reporting on road closure and temporary signage applications
The ideal candidate will be an excellent communicator and be confident in dealing with difficult situations. You will have great customer service and time management skills, initiative, the ability to work under pressure and be able to adapt to any given situation.
What you'll need:
- A current full NZ driver's licence
- Knowledge of the Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 is essential
- Ideally experience in investigation, monitoring and reporting
- Knowledge of regulatory frameworks and prevention based compliance
- An appetite to work outside normal business hours to complete proactive monitoring
- An ability to work weekends and public holidays when required for drinking water sampling
- Ideally a relevant tertiary qualification in alcohol licensing and/ or regulatory compliance
- A proactive attitude toward assisting and educating customers into compliance
- A high level of integrity and an ability to remain impartial
- Eligibility to work in New Zealand
Successful applicants must undergo a Ministry of Justice criminal check and possess a satisfactory Police record in line with Council's employment requirements.
Enquiries about this vacancy can be made to Warrick Zander, Compliance Operations Manager - on (06) 349 3097 (During business hours. Please do not send applications to this person).
Applications close: Sunday 1 March 2020